Support The Physics Room and see experimental and contemporary art thrive in Aotearoa New Zealand
The Physics Room is a non-profit organisation and charitable visual arts trust. Our primary support is from Creative New Zealand Toi Aotearoa, but we also rely on donations and sponsorship to help us meet our annual operating budget. Your contribution will allow artists in Aotearoa New Zealand to thrive, enabling us to commission and support artists to produce new work, connect artists with audiences and networks, and foster critical conversations through our active programme of free events.
In 2019, we produced:
- 11 exhibitions, including 3 off-site exhibitions
- 52 new works with 31 artists
- 3 publications with 67 writers
- 54 events
- 6 Aotearoa New Zealand artist residencies
- 1 international artist residency
- 6 podcasts/broadcasts of artist talks
In 2019, we welcomed:
- 31,000 exhibition visitors
- 1,852 database subscribers
- 22,933 website visits
- 8,236 social media followers
- 1 intern
- 19 volunteers
Join us today!
We welcome online donations through PayPal or by card.
Direct credits can be made to:
The Physics Room Trust
Please indicate “Donation” in the Particulars field if donating via direct credit.
We are also grateful for cash donations via the donation box in our gallery space at 301 Montreal Street, Registry Additions Building, The Arts Centre, Christchurch 8013.
If there is a particular exhibition or project you would like to support, please email us.
We welcome creative partnerships to produce and promote new work by Aotearoa New Zealand artists. We are always happy to talk about collaborative delivery, and can offer an assortment of benefits including:
- Invites to all exhibition openings
- Partner logos/names on our website, newsletters, Annual Return and Partner Board on opening nights
- Acknowledgement of partners at openings and events
- Invites to public workshops, talks and events
- Use of the gallery as venue (subject to agreed terms)
- Free copies of our gallery-produced publications annually
- Fundraiser works by negotiation
If you would like to talk with us about partnership, please email Business Manager Keren Oertly Ryan.